COVID-19 Contracting Resources
How can you sell your products or services to the government to support the COVID-19 Crisis?
Your Washington Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) is dedicated to helping businesses navigate government contracting. Please contact your local counselor if you have any questions on how to get your solutions into the hands of people who need them. To help get you started, see information below:
State of Washington Request for Information: Firms with Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) in stock, please fill out the Emergency Request for Information – Coronavirus Protective Supplies form.
- To sell medical supplies or equipment to the federal government, please email specifics to [email protected]. Also see the PPE and Medical Supply solicitation on Beta.Sam.Gov linked here. Notice ID: 70FA2020R00000011
- If you have medical supplies or equipment to donate, please provide us details on what you are offering.
- If you are a private company that wants to produce a product related to the COVID response – email [email protected].
- If you are a hospital and other companies in need of medical supplies, contact your state Department of Public Health and/or Emergency Management.
- For non-medical supplies, services or equipment, if you are interested in doing business with FEMA, visit our Industry Liaison Program.
FEMA and Other Federal Agencies
- Register in www.SAM.gov (SAM is free, don’t pay to register in SAM) and be sure to check the Disaster Registry button in your registration.
- Register in Beta.Sam.Gov.
- Prepare a COVID-specific capabilities narrative and send to small business professionals at your targeted agency.
For questions on what to include in this marketing piece and how to discover who to send it to, contact your local PTAC counselor.
Interested in manufacturing needed supplies?
The Washington State Department of Commerce is working with companies willing to shift gears and re-purpose their manufacturing operations. Companies should contact the Department of Commerce at [email protected].
Inquiries regarding other items, including the following, should be directed to [email protected].
- Offers of PPE that are not on the list specified above
- Offers for other equipment or technology
- Ideas for involving community organizations in gathering or making items
- Ideas from non-manufacturers on how to produce additional items
Is your business “essential” per the Governor’s Order?
- View the list of essential business functions on this site: https://coronavirus.wa.gov/business-workers
What can I do if my existing contract has been impacted?
Contract Delays and Remedies– View our recorded training here. (recorded March 23)
What’s the Defense Production Act?
Defense Product Act– View our recorded training here. (recorded March 26 2020)
Read our March 2020 Alert for information on Practical Advice During Uncertain Times – Surviving COVID-19
*****NOTICE: SYSTEMS AWARD MANAGEMENT (SAM.GOV) IS TRANSITIONING. See our SAM Updates Tab above
Find Your PTAC Representative
There are eight locations across Washington State assisting small businesses with marketing to the government, solicitations, drawings, and other areas relating to selling to the government.
Nationally, there are over 90 PTACs with over 400 counselors. This nationwide network of dedicated procurement professionals works to ensure businesses can find, bid and win state, federal and local government contracts. To identify PTACs in other states, please visit: www.aptac-us.org