The second pre-release of the Department of Defense SBIR / STTR for 2021 was posted April 19. Small businesses who are at the cutting edge of their field and who think they may have a solution to a challenge faced by the US Department of Defense may want to check out the topics and consider applying for SBIR (Small Business Innovation Research) funding.
Agencies that are participating in this release are:
• Department of the Navy
• Department of the Air Force
• Chemical and Biological Defense (CBD)
• Defense Logistics Agency (DLA)
• Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA)
• Missile Defense Agency (MDA)
• National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA)
• United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM)
Important dates are:
- April 21, 2021: Pre-release begins
- May 19, 2021: BAA opens, begin submitting proposals in DSIP
- June 3, 2021: Topic Q&A closes to new questions at 12:00 p.m. ET
- June 17, 2021: BAA closes, full proposals must be submitted in DSIP no later than 12:00 p.m. ET
Check out the instructions and topics at https://www.dodsbirsttr.mil/submissions/login and at https://rt.cto.mil/rtl-small-business-resources/sbir-sttr/ New to SBIR? Not sure how to navigate the process? Help can be found at PTAC! Contact Kate Hoy, [email protected] or your local PTAC advisor.